Minutes for Tuesday, October 13, 2015
Meeting held in Kinsmen Pavilion at Richmond Nature Park, 7:30 PM
There were 73 people in attendance.
Meeting called to order at 7:38 pm.
- Welcome : Opening Remarks and Introduction by Amanda Goodman Lee
- Introduction of New Bees-3 were introduced
- Daniel Swan is one of the ‘new Bees’ who has organized an informal meet up called Bees and Beers at the Fireman’s Public House near Metrotown mall. It will be on the 4th Tuesday or every month. From 6-9pm. First meetup will be on October 27th from 6-9pm.
- Candle Making will be held at the Urban Bee Supplies shop, located at 6721 Ladner Trunk Road, on Saturday,November 14th. This is a pot luck event so please bring a treat to share. Everyone can make candles and mingle with other members. A great way to get some presents made for Christmas!! Candles will paid for based on weight.
- to approve minutes of the September meeting
- motion made by Steve Bailey, seconded by Ian Rokeby
- Treasurer’s Report by Miriam Soet
- Funds in account at the end of month $7048.46
- We had a GIC roll over
- A reminder that memberships for the remainder of this year and all of next year can be purchased now. If you purchase now it will include next years dues.
- Wintering Techniques
- Allen Garr explained his wintering technique to everyone, followed by similar techniques by Amanda Goodman-Lee, Steve Bailey and Tim Monaghan.
- No Coffee Break or Raffle
- Leonard Foster spoke about the work and funding they have received for doing research in pinpointing the markers that could distinguish hygienic bees from unhygienic bees, and Africanized bees from Carniolan bees.
- Meeting ended late…9:04pm
- Next Meeting: Tuesday, November 10, 2015